PUT YOUR TOES IN THEWATER - Chineme Iduma

This article was written by this amazing lady Chineme Iduma.  Enjoy.
I got this topic from one of my devotionals
at a time when things were not going on well
in my life. I was frustrated, angry, and almost
in the state of depression. My future didn’t
look bright as I thought it should be again. I
was not sure of what my future was
anymore or if God’s purpose for my life will
ever be fulfilled.
Finally, I stumbled on
this devotional for the
day, which changed my life, and gave me
peace and assurance that God always got
my back.
So let me share what I learnt from that
devotional:
The Israelites were camped on the bank of
the Jordan River. Forty years earlier, they
had escaped from Egypt and had been
wandering around in the wilderness ever
since. God had met all of their needs,
performed miracles before them, and they
could even see Canaan, the Promised Land.
There was one small problem.
A huge river stood between them and the
Promised Land, and there was no way
around it. To make things worse, it was flood
season. The usual places to cross were
covered with deep, rushing water. The
Israelite knew God could stop the river. He
could throw a bridge across it – but He
didn’t. Instead, He gave Joshua some very
strange orders.
First, the people were supposed to keep an
eye on the Ark of the Covenant. Second, as
soon as they saw the priests carrying the
Ark, the people were to fall in line behind
them. Joshua told the people to expect
amazing things. Sure.
Joshua then commanded the priest to pick
up the Ark and stand in the river. That’s
right. Stand. In. The. River!
God told His people He would make a dry
path through the river, but the priests had
never seen that happen.
How was that gonna happen? And Joshua
was telling them to put their toes in the
water while carrying the Ark?
I don’t imagine the Israelites had a great
deal of faith in God at that moment, but they
had just enough faith to take that first step.
And that was enough Faith. God was asking
them to step out in faith. Notice that God
did nothing until those toes touched the
water. He just needed to see that first step.
And this devotional was enough word I
needed to put me right and trust God for
what I was going through. I knew that God
was always speaking, but I just needed a
word for how I was feeling and assurance
that my future is so bright and secure.
Putting your toes in the water meant you are
going to have total trust in God that He
would take care of that most frightening and
violent situation that seems impossible.
God loves you so much that He wouldn’t
leave you devastated or alone. He will bring
you out of any situation you are. But you
have to learn to PUT YOUR TOES IN THE
WATER.
When Peter was going to meet Jesus at the
other side of the river, He was scared, but
Jesus told him to PUT HIS TOES INTO THE
WATER and come with faith that he wouldn’t
drown.
Take that step of faith and do that task that
looks impossible. That business or projects in
your mind, believe God that you would
accomplish it by starting. Just because there
is a competition in your field doesn’t mean
God will not create a niche for you.
Think Big, Start Small and Grow Fast.
Are you going through a hard time that is
almost putting you in that depressed mood
or has already made you depressed? PUT
YOUR TOES IN THE WATER. When you trust
God and cast your cares on Him, He
recognizes that you have entrusted your
problems on Him, and He takes charge of the
situation.
Remember, what you are going through is a
matter of time. There is an end, don’t give
up. Time will pass and all those struggles
will disappear. And there’s always light at
the end of the tunnel.
Extraordinary ladies don’t give up. They
remain focused no matter what’s going on.
They keep their heads high knowing that
they’ve got a Lord who’s got their back and
is always there to guide and direct them.
No matter where you are, no matter what
you are facing, step out in faith. Put your
toes in the water. GOD GOT YOUR BACK
BABY!!

Source: https://4everyextraordinarylady.wordpress.com/

Comments